Here is our selection of the best mats to use with your treadmill or elliptical. If you purchase a Nautilus, Proform, NordicTrack, Sole, or any other brand of treadmill, we recommend that you also invest in a good treadmill mat. Doing so will protect your floors and extend the lifespan of your fitness equipment.
BestXD Treadmill Mat
This treadmill mat is designed to protect your floors and carpet from damage and scratches. It is made of high density rubber and can stand up to 1100 lbs weight. There are 6 pieces in a pack, each tile measures 3.94 X 3.94 X 0.5 inches. It is perfect for home gyms, fitness studios, garages, and basements.
Prosource Fit Extra Thick Puzzle Mat
If you need to cover your workout surface with a safe, vibration absorbing mat we can recommend the ProsourceFit Exercise Puzzle Mat. The interlocking pieces will allow you to cover your floor easly and in any shape. It is made of dense EVA foam so it will protect your floors and reduce noise.
innhom Gym Mat Tiles
These great looking mat tiles are also made of 0.4 inches EVA foam. There are several colors available so you can make cool looking patterns. They are both great for using under a treadmill and doing exercises. They are really soft so you can kneel without trouble also perfect for jumping because you will have less impact on your knees.
Why You Should Use a Treadmill Mat
Using a mat under your treadmill or elliptical machine will create a better workout environment and extend the longevity of both your fitness equipment and your flooring. There are also several other advantages and benefits:
- Floor Protection: Treadmills are heavy machines. A treadmill mat protects your wooden floor from scratches, dents, and other damages that can be caused by the heavy weight and vibrations (while you are running) of the treadmill. A mat also prevents any potential staining or marking on the floor that could be caused by the rubber or material on the base or feet of the treadmill.
- Noise Reduction: The mat absorbs some of the vibrations and sounds generated during a workout, helping to reduce the noise levels. It is beneficial for you, your family members, and neighbors.
- Stability: Many floors are not perfectly level and can be slippery, a mat provides a stable base for the treadmill, preventing any slipping or sliding of the machine during high-intensity workouts.
- Shock Absorption: A good mat absorbs some of the impact, leading to a reduction in wear and tear on the treadmill’s motor and belt. This will potentially extend the lifespan of your fitness equipment.
- Protects Carpet and Mechanical Parts: If your treadmill is placed on a carpet, a mat can prevent damage to the carpet and also protect the treadmill from the fibers and dust from the carpet. These fibers and dust can get into the motor and other mechanical parts and cause problems.
- Improved Aesthetics: We all want a cool-looking home gym, a good quality mat can give a neat and professional look to your workout space.